Remember These Benefits When Throwing On Your Running Hat To Go Run
Headsweats wants you to get out there and do what you love. Whether it's running, cycling, skiing, or whatever! We especially love running but it's certainly hard to get motivated. Throw on your running cap or running hat, read these benefits of running, and get out there! It get's easier, we promise.
- Improve your overall health by running. Studies show that you can raise your levels of good cholesterol while increasing your lung function and use by running on a regular basis. You can also boost your immune system and reduce your risk of developing blood clots!
- Running actually helps lower a woman's risk of breast cancer and stroke. Doctors recommend running for those who are in the early stages of diabetes, high blood pressure, and osteoporosis. Running helps your arteries retain their elasticity and strengthens your heart.
- Running is also one of the best ways to exercise for losing or maintaining a consistent weight. It's a great way to burn off extra calories and it's the second most effective way to burn the most calories per minute. The first? Cross country skiing!
- You'll boost your confidence by running, too. The benefits of running aren't just physical. You'll notice a boost in your confidence and self-esteem by setting and achieving goals.
- Running relieves stress. Stress can cause health problems, loss of appetite, diminished sleep quality, and mood problems. When you run, your body is forced to exert this excess energy.
- Running helps to eliminate depression because when you're depressed, the last thing you want to do is get up and go run. However, only after a few minutes of running, you'll find that your brain is secreting hormones that naturally improve your mood.